Bryant Park Sanitation Crew
Bryant Park is a public park conveniently located at 6th Avenue between 40th and 42nd Streets in midtown Manhattan. It is visited by over 5 million people each year and is one of the busiest public spaces in the world. Our website, bryantpark.org, is available for more detailed information.
Bryant Park sanitation workers are expected to:
- Uphold high standards of cleanliness along a specific route within the park, including picking up litter, sweeping, wiping tables and emptying garbage bins
- Move furniture (tables, chairs, and garbage bins) to prepare for events in the park
- Lift 50lbs of garbage out of bins and into a large dumpster, then push dumpster to trash collection location and empty it
- Remove snow by shovel or snow blower and salt pathways (seasonally)
- Familiarize themselves with information about the park and layout to assist park visitors
- Take direction from management staff regarding special assignments
- Maintain neat appearance in uniform and hygiene
- Work evenings and weekends as needed on a scheduled basis
- Work outdoors in most weather conditions
Successful Bryant Park sanitation workers are:
- Able to understand written and spoken English
- Proficient in interpreting maps of the park to complete supervisors' instructions
- Perceptive to surroundings
- Prompt in completing tasks
- Flexible in their willingness to switch tasks at a moment's notice
- Courteous and helpful when answering any questions from park patrons
- Tidy in appearance and grooming
There are several full-time positions available with varying hours. Applicants with previous maintenance experience are given preference in hiring. Pay is $9/hour with opportunity for overtime and raises for good performance. Employees who work 30 hours a week will be eligible for health insurance and other benefits after 90 days of full-time work.
To apply, please email a resume with job history and a current phone number to email@example.com. In the subject line, write "Sanitation Crew Application." Only applicants selected for an interview will be called. The interview will include a brief reading and comprehension test as well as a basic map-interpretation test. No advanced preparation is necessary for these tests.
NO CALLS, PLEASE.